Table of Contents
The Las Vegas Convention Center is host to some of the leading trade shows and biggest entertainers and is number three on the list of the top convention centers in the US. With 3.2 million square feet of facility space including 2.2 million square feet of meeting and exhibit space is one of the largest convention centers worldwide now that the highly anticipated $20,000,000 makeover is complete.
Hard at work for the last two years amongst the happening meetings and events, the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority has executed the planned modifications needed to improve the building as well as the delegate needs.
For the Las Vegas Convention Center, it’s all About the Facts!
The Las Vegas Convention Center welcomes over 1.2 million visitors and is host to just over sixty events, conventions, trade shows and meetings yearly.
In 2012 alone Las Vegas hosted an impressive fifty-three of the top 250 trade shows and for the past 19 years has been named the top trade show destination in North America.
The events and meetings industry in Las Vegas produces over $1.6 billion in domestic finance and with almost 14,000 industry created jobs helps to support the local economy.
The Las Vegas Convention Center first comes Change followed by Success!
“It is important to keep the facility fresh and offer its more than a million yearly guests the convenience that will make conducting business in Las Vegas a success.” said Terry Jicinsky, Senior Vice President of Operations for the LVCVA.
Having said that the revisions to the Las Vegas Convention Center consist of:
• Over one million square feet of interior red carpet
• New fixtures and upgraded lighting in the North and Central Halls
• An exterior paint freshen-up utilizing two shades of gray
• Interior do-over paint job
• Green Parking Lot eight acre extension
• In a global first, Starbucks enhanced their store by adding a double sided counter in the already expanded store
• Just within the main entrance of the convention center, American Express has opened the 3,400 square feet, Open Business Lounge, providing member access to free WiFi, computers and printers and seating whether it be for a business gathering or just to put your feet up (the first on the West Coast)
Completing the first part of the makeover aimed at the Las Vegas Global Business District that includes not only the Las Vegas Convention Center but the World Trade Center as well. And now showing off a fresh image, a modernized look, enhanced parking, all aimed at a value-added, enriched experience for clients and customers alike.