Enjoy Your Own Party More By Following A Party Planning Checklist
Going to a party is fun, no doubt about that. However, organizing and throwing one can be overwhelming due to the countless tasks and details that you have to handle. If you don’t get a grip of things, it can get out of hand and could lead to disaster. Nonetheless, there are ways to ease the stress and worry that comes with planning a party. One of which is by following a party planning checklist.
What’s in a Party Planning Checklist?
When thinking about how to plan a party and all the details that are involved. First and foremost I recommend utilizing a party planning checklist. A party planning checklist enumerates all the things that you need to do when organizing and planning a party, like setting the date, picking the venue and menu to be served, who are invited, who will do the clean-up, and thank you cards to send. A more detailed kind of party planning checklist will also list minute details, such as charging the camera and preparing more space to save shots. The items on the checklist, of course, will vary depending on the kind of party you are throwing.
Parts of A Party Planning Checklist Based on Proximity of D-Day
You can easily divide your party planning checklist into pre-party, on-the-day-itself and post-party. You can then focus on one part according to which phase of the planning and organizing you are currently in.
A pre-party checklist includes all the things you need to do before the day of the party itself. It could be months, weeks or days before the big day but it will definitely help in the long run. For an illustration, check out the sample below.
Sample Pre-Party Planning Checklist 6 to 8 Weeks Before the Birthday Party
1. Choose the date. (Some birthday parties are not held on the actual birthday.)
2. Set your budget.
3. Decide on theme or colors to be used.
4. Determine the number of guests to be invited and write your guest list.
5. Create a list of birthday party supplies. (Remember to always attach these lists to the party planning checklist.)
6. Choose the place where you want to hold your party: at home, in the office, a restaurant, a bar, or some other venue. Decide on whether to hold it alfresco or indoors.
7. Reserve the place if you decide to hold it on a venue.
On-The-Day Wedding Party Planning Checklist for the Bride
It”s name makes it a no-brainer; an on-the-day-itself party planning checklist outlines all the things that you need to do during the party. If it is your wedding and the party is kind of big, it may be a good idea to delegate the tasks to a wedding coordinator or to friends. However, if it is small and simple enough to handle, you can just follow the following sample wedding party checklist.
1. Coordinate with vendors and confirm that they or their products are in place.
2. Show up for your appointments (hair and make-up, nails, etc.), or better yet, arrange for them to go to you.
3. Have your pictures taken.
4. Do not forget to eat.
5. At the ceremony, see to it that the necessary items (your bridal bouquet, ring pillow and rings, flower basket, etc.) for the ceremony are at hand.
6. During the reception, prepare your going-away attire if you are intending to change to another wedding dress, including the shoes, accessories, jewelry, undergarments, etc.
7. Relax, smile, and enjoy. This is your big day.
A wedding can be a very elaborate party to hold. Well, the intricacy will vary according to your preferences, religion, ethnicity and other factors. But notice that the listed items above are few. This is because the other major things must be done prior to the day itself to minimize glitches. Also, delegating the other tasks to certain point persons will trim down the checklist of the bride. After all, it is her big day, and the more important task she has to do is to be happy and blush.
Just as no two parties are alike, no two party planning checklists should be the same. Each and every one will vary depending on the kind of party, the host”s preferences and really so many other party factors. So when planning a birthday party, wedding or any other kind of party event, be sure to use a party planning checklist, and you will be a couple of giant steps a head of the game.