The 2013 Sustainable Hotel and Resort Conference will be held in Orlando Florida on October 15th and 16th at the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort. With sustainable tourism and green meetings becoming a regular component to event planning, this year’s conference promises to be an exciting one.
The conference attracts industry sustainability leaders and certifying organizations. Topics will include sustainable trends, showcasing products and solutions to help sustainable hotels recognize that green solutions are not only good for the environment, but also good for business.
Who Attends the Sustainable Hotel and Resort Conference
- hotel managers
- sustainability managers
- water management professionals
- hotel marketing executives
- resort and hotel facility managers
- green certification organizations
Click here to view the 2013 conference agenda.
Ways That the 2013 Sustainable Hotel and Resort Conference Will Host Their Own Green Meeting
Here are some of the ways that the sustainable hotel resort conference practices what it preaches;
- there will be no printed conference books (the conference has partnered with a tech app developer to have all of the information available on an app provided to the registrants)
- the name badges will be printed on seed paper (Yep, you read that right. You can actually plant your name badge after the meeting. Oh, and the lanyards will be biodegradable)
- undelivered food will be donated to the local Second Harvest
- the hotel is partnered with Clean the World to collect soap, shampoo and lotions which will be recycled and donated to domestic homeless shelters
- there will be no bottled water
- the conference has even partnered with Drive Electric Orlando for any delegates that need to rent a car