There’s a comment that can drive a professional party planner nuts. Usually it goes something like this: I helped plan my ________’s ________ party and everyone told me that I should do this professionally. Or it might be the one that says how much they love to party and therefore they would make a totally awesome party planner.
Oh they’re a total party planner all right…
So as a tribute to all of those friends and family members that have approached you about becoming a party planner, I present 10 signs that might make you a total party planner.
You just might be a total party planner if:
All you need is a quick catnap in between parties
- Sometimes you mistakenly use your old fake ID as real
- You know most of the popular nightclub bouncers’ first name
- Most of the popular nightclub bouncers know way too much about you
- On your way home from “work” everybody else is on their way to work
Friday is a major holiday for you – every freaking Friday
- For some strange reason you seem to know how every board game is played
- When you see someone sitting alone your first instinct is to match them with another person
- You know way too much about how to use social media to promote your party
One of your most popular phrases is: I’m too old for this sh$t
Being a professional party planner is a serious business. And for those that are interested in becoming a party planner there are many great resources for getting your career underway. However I get a little skeptical when someone approaches me with the phrase: “I want to be a total party planner”. Usually I’ll reply with a polite: “good luck with that”. But my inside voice is screaming: Oh My Freaking God!