Ah summer! It’s the time of year that we can’t wait to get out of the house, strip off our clothes and head to the nearest nude beach. Yeah right! For some reason this post took a lot longer to research than most of the other posts that I write on this site. The website, askmen.com, has come up with the top 10 best nude Beaches in the world. That’s right, there’s a top 10 list for that.
Once when I was traveling in the Virgin Islands I happened to stumble across a nude beach. Honest. I was taking a morning stroll and I happened to notice a family several hundred yards from me. As I approached them I began to realize that none of them were clothed – not the parents or children. Now there’s an image that I can’t get rid of.
Which Begs the Question – Why Does One Go to a Nude Beach?
Apart from stumbling across a nude beach, why do people visit nude beaches, you ask. Well, according to the website adventureswithben.com, the top five reasons for visiting a nude beach are:
- You can eliminate those pesky tan lines
- It’s fun to swim without a bathing suit
- When you go on that first visit, you get that feeling that you got when you were a kid and found that perfect hide-and-go-seek hiding spot. You know the excited butterfly feeling where you knew no one would find you so you get this adreanline rush
- Because your body is beautiful
- Ya just gotta do it, at least once
You may also be interested in:
The Top 10 Nude Beaches
From this list it’s obvious that some of the best travel destinations in the world have nude beaches.
- Montalivet, France
- Hedonism, Negril, Jamaica
- Samurai Beach, Australia
- Wreck Beach, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Red, White and Blue Beach, Santa Cruz, California
- Red Beach, Crete, Greece
- Praia do Pinho, Cambori, Brazil
- Haulover Beach, Florida
- Little Beach, Maui, Hawaii
- Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Tips for Visiting a Nude Beach
Yes there are tips, thank God. Here are a few tips to help if you happen to find yourself near one of these top 10 nude beaches.
- Don’t Arrive Naked
- Go with a Trusted Friend – Or go alone.
- Leave the Camera at Home – It’s not unlawful, per se. But it is rude.
- Don’t Stare – That’s obvious.
- Bring Suntan Lotion and use it Everywhere – Need I say more?
- Act Normal – What do people at a nude beach do? The same thing people do at a regular beach. They: read a book, tan, eat lunch, listen to music on their ipod, sleep, swim, chat with their neighbor about their recent back surgery, drink, go for a walk, etc.
If visiting a nude beach is on your bucket list, then this top 10 best nude beaches in the world list will make a great travel guide for you. Just make sure you brush up on the recommended tips if it’s your first visit.