Whether you’re experienced or new to planning choosing the appropriate coach company can be a challenge. There are lots of moving parts in the event planning industry. And booking coach transportation is one of them. Most industry pros get that the transportation experience is one of the keys to the overall event success. And when things go well you never hear about it. But when they don’t that’s almost all you hear about. I have been asked a time or two “how hard can it really be”? And over the years I have learned transportation success takes more than placing an order and getting from point A to B.
What Can Go Wrong with a Coach Company Sometimes Will
Successful ground transportation prepares delegates for the good experience to come; but sometimes it can do exactly the opposite. Putting your people in a frustrated state of mind right off the bat. We all have our own horror stories. I have been extremely lucky I have never even had a close call when it comes to coach accidents. But many a time I have loaded luggage because the driver wouldn’t. Have been left standing on the curb because the coach never showed up. Had to make apologies because the driver said the wrong thing. Or the time we had to meet the broken down coach on the side of the highway with beer to appease the passengers. Who refused to have anything to do with the driver who by the way was dressed in what looked like underwear. On the flip side more than one coach company has saved my butt more times than I can count.
12 Questions You Should Always Ask a Coach Company
You never want to make the wrong decision when transporting people. There are lots of things to take into account when deciding on the right coach company. And with a bunch of coach companies out there; it can be hard to find the right one. We hear it all the time. You get what you pay for and cheaper isn’t always better. Never gamble when it comes to coach transportation; do your research. And ensure you know all you can before choosing the right coach company.
1. What kind of services do you offer?
2. Do you own your vehicles? And how many do you have?
3. How old are your vehicles?
4. What is the cancellation policy?
5. How does the pricing work? Any hidden fees I need to know about?
6. Where are you licensed to service?
7. Are drivers subject to background checks and drug tests?
8. How much insurance do have?
9. How often are vehicles inspected; do you have a maintenance schedule?
10. What’s your safety profile?
11. Is there an after-hours on call person and how do I reach them?
12. Do you have references?