A flight arrival time matters. Ask event planners what component of a program they dread most and, more times than not, they’ll tell you it’s the transportation portion that drives them crazy. You see if the event planner is organizing a convention then they are also concerned, or rather tasked, with getting all of the delegates from many destinations to the one where the meeting is being held.
Many Travelers Judge Commercial Airlines on Their Flight Arrival Time
You’ve probably been in a situation where you knew your flight would not be operating according to schedule. One that occurs to me often is where I find myself sitting in the departure lounge 10 min. after my scheduled departure time, yet the airline personnel are operating as if everything is normal. But it’s not. Or perhaps you been on the aircraft, and the plane pulls away from the gate only to sit on the tarmac for what seems like an eternity. These are the situations that drive event planners, and passengers, crazy. Not to mention all of the service companies that are affected.
Airline On-Time Records, Where Does Your Favorite Airline Stand?
Recently Flight Stats (http://www.flightstats.com) commissioned a report on the arrival times of world travel airlines. No surprise that Japan (JAL) and Singapore (ANA) enjoy the number one and number two spots respectively. What is interesting, however, is that only one US airline made it to the top 10 (Delta).
You may also be interested in:
- What Is It about Transportation That Drives Event Planners Nuts?
- Event Planners Take Note, the Best Airport in North America is…
Check below to see if your favorite airline made it to the top 20.
20. Asiana – 76.73% on time
19. Virgin Atlantic – 76.77% on time
18. American Airlines – 76.93% on time
17. United – 76.94% on time
16. Malaysia Airlines – 80.19% on time
15. SWISS – 80.24% on time
14. Air France – 80.76% on time
13. Singapore Airlines – 80.87% on time
12. Air Berlin – 81.80% on time
11. Qantas – 82.66% on time
10. Lufthansa – 83.51% on time
9. Alitalia – 83.76% on time
8. Finnair – 85.90% on time
7. Delta – 85.95% on time
6. Gulf Air – 87.71% on time
5. Air New Zealand – 87.76% on time
4. KLM – 87.85% on time
3. SAS – 87.91% on time
2. ANA – 88.48% on time
1. JAL – 90.35% on time