It used to be that 60th birthday party ideas always centered around the birthday boy or girl becoming over the hill. However, today, anyone that’s turning 60 is by no means ready to retire. So some of you may be wondering if there are any 60th birthday party ideas that might fit the special person in your life. Well, I’m happy to say, there are many things that you can do to make a 60th birthday party one that’s a lot of fun for the birthday boy or girl as well as everybody that’s coming to celebrate.
60th Birthday Party Ideas-the Birthday Boy or Girl Was Born in 1952
Anyone celebrating their 60th birthday this year was born in 1952. Many of us are familiar with the term baby boomer. Well anyone approaching their 60th birthday was definitely on the beginning side of the baby boomer generation. Basically this is the term given to anyone born after the end of World War II up until the early 1960s.
Some Major Events and Happenings from 1952 Are:
- the first US test of a hydrogen bomb (this one might be a hard thing for a birthday party ideas though).
- Queen Elizabeth was coronated Queen of England and its Commonwealth nations
- NBC’s “The Today Show” premiered
- Agatha Christie’s “The Mouse Trap” opened in London. It is still running nonstop today making the mouse trap the longest running play in history.
- Movies included; Limelight, High Noon, the Greatest Show on Earth
- music from 1952 included; It Takes Two to Tango, Your Cheating Heart (again the song may not do well in the 60th birthday party ideas theme of things), Wheel of Fortune, I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
- TV shows in 1952 were; I Love Lucy, The Jackie Gleason Show, the Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, George Burns and Gracie Allen Show