Having worked with many a meeting planner throughout my career I thought I had heard them all. Apparently not. We’re used to the hotel complaints where guests complained of no hot water, perhaps room wasn’t cleaned properly etc. Every now and then along comes some guest complaints that leaves you at a loss for words.
You will also want to check:
Travel is necessary in the meetings and events industry. And because of that travel, most meetings and conferences require hotels. Now most of us stay at hotels where everything is pretty much perfect. The beds are comfortable, the showers invigorating and the technology more and more advanced.
But, apparently, there are still those guests out there where nothing seems to please them.
The hotel website Skyscanner surveyed 400 hotel staff from 49 countries to find out what unique, or weird as the case may be, hotel complaints and requests were received.
Top 10 Weirdest Hotel Complaints
- The sheets are too white
- The sea was too blue
- Ice cream too cold
- Bath was too big
- Girlfriend’s snoring kept guest awake (discount requested)
- Guest’s dog didn’t enjoy his stay (refund requested)
- Hotel had no ocean view (in Mayfair, London and Italy, 80km from coast)
- There was no steak on vegetarian menu
Waiter was too handsome
- Mother of Groom wasn’t given the honeymoon suite
Top 10 Weirdest Hotel Requests
As if these hotel complaints weren’t enough, the survey also revealed the weirdest request that the hotel staff received.
- One glass of water on the hour every hour, throughout the night
- 15 cucumbers a day
- Toilet to be filled with mineral water
- Bath of honey
- Sound of goats bells to aid sleep
- Only the right legs of a chicken
- A dead mouse
- Bath of chocolate milk
- 16 pillows (for single guest)
- Crocodile soup
Hotel complaints are a part of the meetings and events industry. And, truth be told, most complaints warrant attention. But every now and then along comes a list of hotel complaints that’ll make your jaw drop.