If you’ve been searching for those ideal hospitality or event planning jobs, then you probably know firsthand just how frustrating the whole process can be. Even at the best of times, job hunting can be extremely nerve-racking. You spend an awful lot of your time networking hoping that you’ll find that perfect contact.
But, more times than not, you find out that talk is cheap.
It’s Not That There Aren’t Good Hospitality and Event Planning Jobs out There
By now you’re getting pretty sick and tired of hearing how this economic downturn keeps dragging on and on. It almost feels like this is the new norm. But, with the right focus, your job hunting efforts may not be fruitless.
Executive search companies might be just the contact that you need. They can help lessen the stress of finding a new career.
Three Key Reasons to Use an Executive Search Company When Looking for Event Planning Jobs
- Integrity. To them, reputation is everything. These companies need to set the highest standards possible as their very existence is dependent on it. No company will associate with a search company that does not, at the very least, match their service levels.
- Client Research. An executive search company has done their homework. They’ve done the networking and they know what companies are looking for when they have job openings. On the other side, they also make sure that any individuals that they put forward to a potential employer is qualified.
- Results. Who doesn’t love results. Executive search companies put their reputations on the line each and every day. They have to stand behind the candidates that they present. And that goes beyond the hire date. They stay involved in the process long after the position has been filled.
Global Hospitality Search Consultants Ltd. is a search firm that focuses exclusively in the placement of hospitality industry managers and executives worldwide. As a disclosure note, I’ve been made aware of this company by a colleague that teaches at a college in Toronto. But, the reason I’m singling out this particular company is to showcase their focus on the hospitality industry (it also helps that they have offices in both the United States and Canada).
Looking for Event Planning Jobs-Two Tips for Selecting the Right Executive Search Company
Always do your due diligence when considering working with a third-party. That holds true when considering an executive search company. Here are two tips to factor into your decision making process:
- Industry Knowledge. Select a search company that specializes in your industry. You want one that knows the specifics of your job description.
- References. I know this sounds like a no-brainer, but always ask for references. Any reputable company will have no problem whatsoever in providing you with references. At networking events, ask your colleagues to provide you with a couple of companies that you can contact.
Working with an executive search company to find event planning jobs can help take the stress out of the process. It”s not to say that you won”t have to sell yourself. It”s just that search companies specialize in understanding their clients” needs and matching that with potential candidates.