Event sponsors provide assistance for an association or company’s event by donating materials or supplying financial assistance. Planning any kind of event takes hard work and lots of know-how. And really there are so many important components that go into successful event planning. One thing I know for sure; planning events always, always takes financial resources, in other words money and lots of it. Sometimes an organization just doesn’t have the finances it needs and that’s where event sponsors can help. A sponsor, whether a company or a person, in exchange for a variety of things including branding and acknowledgement, will provide financial backing. Making it a win-win situation.
If you’re looking to affect and get the attention of a target audience. Event sponsorship is a lucrative and worthwhile way to reach out. Benefits include increasing a company profile and recognition, creating awareness and influencing the top dogs. It’s a tactical way to increase the knowledge and appreciation of your goods or service and brand.
Writing Successful Event Sponsors Letters
Sponsorship packages are pursued by fundraisers, non-profits and organizations that can’t foot the whole bill for their event. Composing that just right sponsorship letter takes ability, flair and expertise. If you’re not feeling it and are looking to appeal to organizations to cover the costs and pick up the tab for a specific event, utilizing a sponsorship proposal template letter can help. It’s a given why the sponsor’s support is valuable to you. The purpose of the letter is to communicate why their sponsorship will be advantageous to them. To be successful and obtain event sponsors it is imperative to understand what actually goes into writing a sponsorship letter.
Tips for Creating Event Sponsors Letters
• Set goals
• Establish and create a list of all the possible sponsors to contact
• Do your research and direct the letter to the right person
• Use a professional tone
• Send a customized letter, never ever send a generic one
• Incorporate a company description and event narrative
• State the reason and requirements for the sponsorship request
• Outline the sponsor benefits and what they will get for backing the successful event
• Include the financial request, complete sponsorship info and document form
• Give details how the sponsorship funds will be used
• Illustrate who will be attending the event
• Give details of the exposure and media hype you envision
• Express gratitude for their time and considering the proposal
• Ensure all your contact info is summarized, encourage sponsors to call with any questions
• Always follow-up with a phone call
Looking for event sponsors by way of composing a sponsorship letter can be a challenge. But really it doesn’t have to be or feel that way. Create a workable plan that you can follow one step at a time. And these days with so many tools available there’s lots of help out there. Let your fingers do the walking. And you will find an event proposal template, a sample sponsorship letter and so much more that will improve your chances for of success.