Every year Skytrax lists the world’s best airports. This ranking of the best international airports is the most prestigious for the airport industry. To determine the best airport awards, Skytrax conducted customer satisfaction surveys. The survey evaluated 39 performance indicators for airport service and products. These indicators include; check-in, arrivals, transfers, shopping, security, and gate departures.
For 2014, the best world airport awards surveyed 12.85 million customer, representing 110 nationalities and 410 airports worldwide. For more information on the awards, visit World Airport Awards.
You may also be interested in:
For many event planning companies building the travel component to a meeting or event can be a logistics nightmare. How an airport handles the many arrivals and departures (from many destinations) is a factor for a world meeting planner when determining a location for their meeting. So it’s not surprising that many of the world’s top airports are also in cities that are popular meeting destinations.
2014 World’s Best Airports
10) London’s Heathrow Airport
9) Vancouver’s International Airport
8) Zürich International Airport
7) Beijing Capital International
6) Tokyo International Airport
5) Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport
4) Hong Kong International Airport
3) Munich International Airport
2) Incheon International Airport in South Korea
1) Singapore Changi Airport
Notably, only one North American airport made it to the top 10 for 2014 – Vancouver’s International Airport. Not one US airport made it to the top 10.
North America’s Top 10 Best Airports
10) JFK International Airport
9) Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
8) Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
7) Halifax Stanfield International Airport (Canada)
6) Hartsfield – Jackson Atlanta International Airport
5) Toronto Pearson International Airport
4) San Francisco International Airport
3) Denver International Airport
2) Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport
1) Vancouver International Airport
Airports are crucial hubs for today’s economy. They are also a major factor for meeting and event planners when selecting cities. Having a top 10 best airport in the world will get you noticed. Not surprising, these cities are also top meeting and event planning cities.